(LRPS, EFIAP, GPU CROWN, FFIP, Hon. EFA, Hon PESGSPC , GPA.PESGSPC, Hon CPE, National Rep. of GPU)
Bengal Photography Institute, C/41, First Floor, Chalantika, Garia Station Road, Kolkata-700084, West Bengal, India.
Canon EOS Mentor
Department of Photography
Future Foundation School, Kolkata, India.
Sanjoy Bhattacharya was born and brought up in the ‚ÄėCity of Joy‚Äô, Kolkata from the State of West Bengal, India. After completing his post-graduation in Zoology from Presidency College, Kolkata in the year 1996 he has started his photographic journey getting inspiration from his maternal uncle who was a press photographer by his profession. Simultaneously he has started studying Art-Photography from various personalities in this field. He worked as a wedding photographer, model photographer, advertisement photographer, and product photographer individually from 2001 to 2004. He has started teaching photography at various organizations from 2004 to 2010. He has conducted various seminars and workshops on photography with various organizations like Nikon India, Sony India, etc. from 2006 to 2012.
- Mr. Bhattacharya has won more than 150 awards in photography competitions Nationally and Internationally from 2005 to till date. His photographic works have been exhibited throughout India and more than 50 countries all over the world.
- He is the Fourth Indian whose work has been exhibited in the ‚ÄúInformation & Cultural Department‚ÄĚ, Govt. of the Republic of China in 2010.
- He has achieved 2nd position in a very prestigious photography competition in support of ‚ÄúPeace‚ÄĚ that was organized by the Hellenic Republic, Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Govt. of Greece in 2012.
- A Photo-Series titled ‚ÄúLife-A Journey‚ÄĚ created by Mr. Bhattacharya has been selected and displayed as an archival value under the ‚ÄúModern Art‚ÄĚ category in the most prestigious Art-Museum of the nation ‚ÄúIndian Numismatic historical and cultural research foundation‚ÄĚ Mumbai for study and research purpose to scholars in this field.
- He has received the prestigious distinction of AFIP (Associate of Federation of Indian Photography) and FFIP (Fellow of Federation of Indian Photography) in 2011 and 2014 respectively from Federation of Indian Photography.
- He is the most prestigious Honour holder as AFIAP (Artist of Federation of International Art Photography) and EFIAP (Excellence of Federation of International Art Photography ) from FIAP, Rome (Italy) in the category of Art-Photography.
- In 2020, he has achieved the most coveted Honour LRPS from Royal Photographic Society, Bristol. He is the only 6th Indian who has this Honour.
- Global Photographic Union, Greece has given him GPU Crown Honour for his outstanding work and contribution in the field of Art-Photography in 2016.
- He is also the National Representative of GPU in India.
Presently Mr. Bhattacharya is running his own institute named BENGAL PHOTOGRAPHY INSTITUTE in Kolkata from 2011 and teaches various specialties and aspects of photography. Presently the Institute has more than 500 students in various standards from almost every corner of the society. Among them, almost 40 students are working professionally in the field of photography in various fields. Many students are actively involved in various photographic activities under him and also participating in many Salons and contests. Mr. Bhattacharya is conducting many workshops, seminars, and other educational activities to promote photography among general masses throughout the year.
He is celebrating World Photography Day on 19th August every year since 2010 by promoting photography through exhibitions and seminars. He is arranging a photography exhibition of works of his students under the name ‚ÄúLENSVISION‚ÄĚ every year in January on the foundation day of his Institute since 2012. Mr. Bhattacharya is a very prominent name in the field of photography judging also since 2015. He has completed his 50th Judging very recently. He has judged almost 30 National Salons and 20 International salons to date.
He is also the Teacher-in-Charge of the Department of Photography, Future Foundation School, Kolkata. He teaches photography there from Grade 2 (7 years) to Grade 10 (15 years). It is a very challenging job for him to teach such young buds in photography. The students of this school have won many awards in photography under his guidance. He is working as an advisor of Photography as co-curricular activities in different schools and colleges in Kolkata.
We have a great honor to have Prof. Sanjoy Bhattacharya in our Jury Team at the beginning of February 2021, judging 5th International Contest Unlimited Photo 2021.
Take a look and enjoy at his photo gallery: